We have been blessed by the generations before us with facilities to gather and worship God. We believe God will work in powerful ways through PBC as a witness to the gospel of Jesus Christ in Palo Alto. Join us in preparing our buildings for the next generation of ministry in service to God.
Honoring the Legacy, Embracing the Future
What began in 1948 as a calling to five local businessmen, “to know Christ and to make him known,” has blossomed into the far-reaching ministries Peninsula Bible Church. Wise and prayerful stewardship gave us the gift of a space to gather and worship. We have been richly blessed to be the beneficiaries of the planning and sacrifice of those who came before us.
In 2015, the elders discerned a call to honor the past by preparing the facility for the future of ministry at PBC. Since then, the Let’s Build This Together remodel project has addressed several concerns. We have addressed safety and maintenance issues, have configured flexible ministry spaces for children and youth, and consolidated our administrative and office space. Recent events have led the elders to pursue addressing several additional areas of concern.
- In the fall of 2018, a health complaint to the county caused our kitchen to be shut down for any outreach events. This severely impacts our recovery and other outreach ministries.
- Plans for addressing acoustics and lighting issues for the Worship Center have been under discussion since 2005. New ideas have contributed to a desire to address our primary worship space to create a more consistent and community-oriented experience
- Having renewed our commitment to become a more welcoming community, we want to address challenges that our facilities present to newcomers. Plans to upgrade the children’s playgrounds include a redesigned entry-way.
DID YOU KNOW?
The original land for PBC was purchased in 1954 and the main building was built. The A, B, and C wings were added several years later.
The Fellowship Hall was added in 1972.
Our color scheme in the Worship Center dates to 1989.
The stage was last renovated in 1992.
The D building was added in 2000.
The remodel plan for 2013 included $6M worth of updates. $4M worth were funded and completed.
- Acoustics – speaker system, acoustic treatments, enhanced tech booth
- Lighting – lighting design, fixtures, window treatments, enhanced control
- Aesthetics – updated flooring and seating, better sight lines
- Stage – enlarged, easily reconfigured
- Climate – Air conditioning
- Renewal – refreshed interior after years of use
- Connection – enhanced cohesive, community-oriented space
- Flexibility – increased ability to adjust to different events & audiences
- Outreach – welcoming to newcomers and people unfamiliar with church
Kitchen & Plumbling
- Commercial Kitchen – Need to upgrade entire kitchen to meet commercial permit requirements
- Plumbing – Upgrade to eliminate current worship center bathroom issues
- Outreach – Unable to feed visitors without commercial permit; Recovery ministry and Shelter offerings dependent on a fully commercial kitchen; Other events not possible with current kitchen
- Maintenance – Current plumbing is failing regularly
Entryway, Playgrounds & Landscape
What & Why
- Signage, Flow – We do not have a clear pathways for visitors to navigate our campus and worship center
- Safety – Play surfaces and fencing need upgrading for safety and functionality
- Aesthetics – More attractive entrance, clearly demarcated, updated landscaping desired
- Community Building – Shaded area for parents to congregate while children use playground
Announcement from Elders
We'd Love to Hear From You
Please help us as we move through the process of thinking about how to update and refresh our Worship Center, Kitchen and Landscape areas.
The budget for this final remodel phase is $3.8 million. After using available funds, the current need is to raise $3.5 million. Our approach will continue to be “fund as we go,” so that we will not begin construction activities that are not yet funded and we will not incur any debt.
|Remodel Activities Budget (costs in $1000s)||Total: $3,821|
Worship Center Refresh:
|Front Landscaping & Signage||$175|
Playground & Entryway:
Worship Center Usability:
|Worship Center HVAC||$587|
Worship Center Improvements:
PLEDGE AND GIVE
In total our goal is to raise $3.5 million from within the church family over a 15-month period. Please pray about how God wants you to faithfully and sacrificially contribute to the remodel project. We welcome gifts of any size. We trust God’s vision for our resources and believe He will direct our giving to His glory.
Your gift and/or pledge commitment is over and above your regular giving to the ministries of the church, and it is a statement of intent that may be modified as needed. Pledges will be collected through January 31, 2020. Donations are needed now, and pledged funds received through January 31, 2021. To put our $3.5 million goal in perspective, the cost is roughly equivalent to our yearly budget at PBC.
Contact [email protected] or call the church office with any questions.
He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.
2 Corinthians 9:10