Compassion MinistryExtending our church family through generous hospitality.
“The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small.” — Mother Theresa
HOTEL DE ZINK 5/1 – 5/31
In May, PBC will be hosting Hotel de Zink, a shelter for unhoused men and women. We are seeking people to provide our guests with healthy breakfast muffins, evening dinners, and to serve as shower hosts (at the PBC shower). We appreciate your help in caring for our guests!
Sundays at 6pm, we provide a healthy meal to our unhoused friends on the PBC patio. Learn more or sign up below to volunteer one time or as often as you like.
Sunday Supper Lead
- Plan, shop, cook a healthy meal for 20 individuals
- Food Handler’s Certificate required
- Arrive at 5:30pm to set up place settings
- Serve drinks and food to each of our guests
Our church shower is available to our unhoused friends every Monday, Wednesday, Friday (8-11am), and Sundays (4-6pm).
- Set up chairs and welcome individuals
- Facilitate the shower timings.
- Pick up, wash, and return towels.
Want to stay informed about various opportunities to serve our unhoused community—including when we shelter our unhoused friends overnight in January and May? Please sign up below to receive occasional updates via our mailing list.