In-person Sunday School at 9:00am & 11:00am
We seek to root children in the truth that they are fully loved by God –
that they may learn to love God and love others.
In-Person Sunday School
We are excited to welcome back our children to PBC! We recognize that each family has different readiness for regathering and we want to respect and support you the best we can.
Sunday School Classes
Nursery | Children walking independently – 2 years old
Preschool |3 years old – Kindergarten
Elementary | 1st-5th grade
Please note that we are limiting classroom capacity for safety purposes. Attending 1st Service or arriving to 2nd Service check-in on time can help make sure space is available. Thank you!
What you do is important! You are part of giving a child their first look at who God is. They are watching you and discovering what it looks like to have a relationship with God.
There are many ways you can step into a child’s life: telling Bible stories, leading worship, being a small group leader, or helping at family events.
This is a working document as guidelines and directives will change. The health and safety of our community is of the utmost importance. In order to protect families and volunteers, CM has adopted the following policies in accordance with best practice guidelines set by the CDC and local health authorities, as well as those from PBC. This document outlines the check-in/check-out procedures, sick policies, and health and hygiene practices.
It is crucial that each individual do their part to protect our community from COVID-19. Please read and abide by the following policies.
○ Forehead temperature checks will be mandatory prior to check-in for all children.
○ All leaders and children will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before or as soon as they enter a classroom.
○ Parents may NOT enter classrooms unless it is an emergency and/or permission has been given by a staff member.
○ Leaders and children over 2 years old will agree to wear face masks while they are in class (for both inside and outside activities).
○ Physical distancing is difficult to implement and maintain while providing care to young children. Parents must agree for staff and volunteers to assist, comfort, and get close to children when necessary.
○ All rooms will have open windows and fans to provide good ventilation.
Hygiene and Cleaning
○ We will NOT be changing diapers at this time. When needed, parents will be called to change their children’s diapers in the Toddlers’ Room. Parents are asked to use disinfectant wipes to clean the diaper changing area after use.
○ No snack will be allowed during class time. Water will be available. If possible, please bring a labeled water bottle for your child.
○ All rooms and frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, sink faucets, bathrooms, tables, and chairs are cleaned and disinfected before each gathering.
○ We have removed toys which children tend to put in their mouths. All used toys are sanitized before each gathering.
Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours:
○ fever or chills
○ shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
○ muscle or body aches
○ new loss of taste or smell
○ sore throat
○ congestion or runny nose
○ nausea or vomiting
All leaders and children will need to answer “NO” to the screening questions
and have normal body temperature before participating in Sunday school.
COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Policy for those working with infants -12th grade: Consistent with the requirements and guidance issued by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and the state school guidelines applied to kindergarten through 12th grade, PBC requires anyone who is unvaccinated who serve with infants through 12th grade to undergo regular COVID-19 testing at least once per week, preferably 72 hours before your event (Sunday or Wednesday gatherings). If your gathering is on Sunday morning, we recommend undergoing this testing by Wednesday morning of each week so that results are timely available.