How missionaries are sent out from PBC:
Our missionaries are supported by committed people whom they know, and who know them. When we send out a missionary it is recognition that they have given evidence of their calling to the mission field over time, in our church, as they have actively served and grown among us.
Most all of our missionaries partner with missionary sending organizations which help them manage the funds they have raised for their support, provide benefits and missionary field training as well. Some PBC missionaries have established their own non profit to manage their ministry.
With a support base of friends, family and like minded people who our missionaries have built a relationship with over their years attending PBC we believe their personal support and ministry support will be strong enough to withstand the sometimes turbulent times they will face in the field. It has been the practice of PBC for 60 years now to maintain our missionary connections through this process.
How our missionaries are supported financially:
Given our relational model of missionary support we count on our individual members to keep in contact with the missionaries they support and likewise our missionaries to give regular updates so as to maintain a lively relational connection. We do not use our general funds to support our missionaries.
We have a missionary need fund which people are invited to give to each week along with our general offering. This need fun will go to support our missionaries when unexpected things come up and they need extra financial help. We also use this missionary need fund to gift new missionaries as they go out into the field.
- Liz and Chris Thrasher-Wheatley: Chico State University (InterVarsity)
- Cenia Wong: Emerson, Northeastern, Harvard, and MIT (Cru - formerly Campus Crusade)
- Chrissy T: Leadership Development in Anaheim, CA (Cru - formerly Campus Crusade)
- Steve and Erica Lawry: Parakaleo Christian Ministry at Stanford, CA
- Erin O'Neill: Washington State University, (InterVarsity)
-Estelle Luk: Stanford University (InterVarsity)
- Roy Thompson: International Foundation, Bangkok, Thailand [Message preached by Roy at PBC's Missions Conference, November 8, 2008 Missions Strategies...Same, Same, but Different.]
- Tuvya and Ellen Zaretsky: Jews For Jesus, Los Angeles and Israel [Message preached by Tuvya at PBC, September 2, 2007 Lift Jesus Up.]
- Audrey Blomgren: Young Life, Palo Alto, CA
- Nolan and Sandra Sharp, (Cru - formerly Campus Crusade), Croatia [Message preached by Nolan at PBC's Missions Conference, November 7, 2010 Being a Light.]
- Vince and Cathy Costa: Proclaim! International, Italy
- Brent and Sarna Becker: RCE, Quito, Ecuador [Message preached by Brent at PBC on June 13, 2004 Three Things I Pray.]
- Aileen Chung: Wycliffe Bible Translators, Niger, West Africa
- Don and Marie Burgess: Baja Tarahumara Ministry, Chihuahua, Mexico
- Majorie Cook: Wycliffe Bible Translators, Arlington, VA
- Paul and Christine Kroeger: Wycliffe Bible Translators, Texas
- Priscilla Small: Wycliffe Bible Translators
- Todd and Karla P.: Wycliffe Bible Translators
- Marc and Suzanne Jacobson: Wycliffe Bible Translators