Moms' Summer 2013
The Moms' Connection is a community of mothers of young and grade school aged children who share the desire to:
- Know Jesus in a deeper way; being empowered by Him to live with a sense of purpose.
- Be a good mother; growing in understanding what that means.
- Develop relationships with other moms; encouraging, caring, and praying for each other.
If you are single, expectant, foster, or working outside the home, this includes you. We will meet on Thursdays from September through May, from 9:15-11:45am. First we meet with the Women's Connection Bible Study for a time of worship and Bible Study. This year we will be studying women of the bible. At 10:30, the WCBS separates to their small groups, while the Moms remain for our small group time. Each small group has a mentor mom and a peer mom who offer wisdom and support to our young moms.
During our small group time we share our lives, discuss the teaching, and bring our needs to the Lord.
A children's program, Kids Connect, runs simultaneously to our Thursday morning gathering. Your children have an opportunity to learn and play in a safe and fun setting with our loving and dedicated teachers. You may register your child with the following form. (If you've already registered your children for PBC's Children's Ministry and let us know you'll be attending Thursday, you don't need to re-register).
To register for Moms' Connection just click on Kimberly's name on upper right of this page.
Moms & Co.
is a group that blends moms who work outside the home and stay at home moms who are unable to attend Thursday's Moms' Connection. We will meet on Saturday mornings from 9 to 11:30 a.m. every other month. Moms & Co. will also be studying various women of the bible.
Please click on Moms & Co. above for more information.
Registering at the websites below will deliver spiritual encouragement to your inbox.
- Fullfill.org - a weekly blog - "Re-fill", written by Elisa Morgan
- raystedman.org - a daily devotional from the sermons of Ray Stedman
- janjohnson.org/wisbits.html - a monthly writing of Jan Johnson
Also look at Lynne Fox's website, BibleGrapes.com, which offers you a feast of "Food for Hungry Hearts."
- realoptions.org provides information, compassion and practical support for women and men facing pregnancy issues at three locations in the bay area.
Kimberly Lee and Kathy Woodhall
"I am the vine, you are the branches. She who remains in me and I in her, she bears much fruit; for apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5